After completing the course, you will be able to:
- Explore DevOps and Continuous Delivery fundamentals.
- Explain and implement an automated build process.
- Apply the testing formula to make decisions related to testing and compare different situations to decide the test approach.
- Identify the business value offered by the automation of deployment.
- Identify the unique challenges of database changes compared to code changes.
- Outline a database deployment process suitable for continuous delivery.
- Manage application configuration files.
- Explain the software delivery as a business process.
- Diagnose the software delivery process.
- Understand the security and process controls.
- Define infrastructure automation and discuss the relationship between infrastructure and an application.
- Identify the need of implementing DevOps and Continuous Delivery (CD) with the help of real-life analogies.
- Describe the key challenges of implementing DevOps and CD.
The course explores various techniques related to automation and deployment, discusses their implementation, and includes a number of hands-on exercises to help you experience DevOps and Continuous Integration first-hand. You will have your own (or can optionally share) pre-configured server hosting a number of familiar tools. By the end of the course, you will learn how to leverage various issue tracking, source control, database, and automation tools to build a robust and flexible DevOps/Continuous Delivery workflow.
Who should attend?Individuals involved in IT development, IT operations or IT service management IT professionals working within, or about to enter, an Agile service design environment The following IT roles:
- Devops engineers
- Integration specialists
- Operations managers
- System administrators
- Network administrators
- Project managers
- Business managers
- Automation architects
Any prerequisistes?The participants should have Amazon Web Services (AWS) account to perform the lab exercises of this course.
DEBUG DEBUG DEBUG
Sorry, no classes are currently scheduled
Source Control Done Right
- Source Control Concepts
- Unit of Work
- Source Control Patterns
- Automated Build Process
- CI and Build Automation
Testing Done Right
- Fundamentals of Testing
- Benefits and Limitations
- Methods of Handling Limitations
- Risk Tolerance
Deployment Automation Fundamentals
- The Deployment Process
- Automated Deployment
- Environments as Workflow
- Releases and Builds
- Deployment Distribution and Delivery
- Deployment Delivery Methods
Database Changes Done Right
- Changes in a Database
- Changing a Database
- Managing Changes Through Scripts
Deployment Automation in Practice
- Application Configuration Files
- Best Practices and Deployment Considerations
- Best Practices and Considerations
Software Delivery Process
- Introducing Software Delivery as a Business Process
- Getting Acquainted with Software Delivery Terminology
- Diagnosing the Software Delivery Process
- Controlling the Software Delivery Process
- Introducing Infrastructure
- Abstracting Infrastructure
- Changing Infrastructure